A late sending off and defensive errors again proved costly for Liverpool who let their lead slip against the Spanish side after dominating large portions of the match. The Dane joined Manchester United in 2010, but after making just 29 appearances for the Red Devils (including 19 in the Premier League), he moved to West Brom in the summer of 2015.
With an individual error from Dejan Lovren allowing Sevilla to open the scoring in the fifth minute, a lack of cohesion at the back continued to plague the Reds' defence resulting in an equaliser and nearly a winning goal for the Spaniards.
Liverpool's completed a disappointing week by drawing 1-1 with Burnley in the Premier League on Saturday.
Liverpool failed to take advantage of their spells of dominance, particularly near the end of the game when substitute Dominic Solanke hit the crossbar.
The second half picked up were the first had left off, with Liverpool probing and Burnley doing well to contain them.
Kentucky beats SC in its SEC opener
He had five catches for 122 yards, including a 68-yard touchdown catch to open the game. Samuel was injured in the third quarter of South Carolina's 23-13 loss to Kentucky.
The goals opened up what had been a tight affair with Salah, twice, and Sturridge testing Pope with low shots that were comfortably dealt with. Yes, we have to improve, but [there are] a lot of really positive things.
Naby Keita is the Bundesliga's best player right now.
Liverpool's win rate with Mane is 69 per cent, without him it is 44 per cent and this was one of those games where they really missed him as even Coutinho's prompting and probing could not compensate.
"He's naturally been moving forward, now is the chance to go out and play".
It hasn't been a very good week for Liverpool, has it?
"Liverpool never learn from their mistakes, they score many goals but they always allow some".
Liverpool left-back Andy Robertson produced a crucial challenge on Arfield as the Scottish-born Canada worldwide looked to pounce on Stephen Ward's inviting cross to the near post.
- Ancient Indian Bakshali text contains earliest zero!
- S&P 500 and other major indices close at record high
- Dabo Swinney: Lamar Jackson is an unbelievable player
- Sebastian Vettel claims blistering pole as Lewis Hamilton labours in P5
- Juggalos set to march on Washington, DC on Saturday
- Korea of military options
- Cubs' Wilson Contreras suspended two games for his actions Friday night
- LeSean McCoy dealing with hamstring injury
- Texans rookie Watson looks to improve after win in 1st start
- Hurricane Irma Restoration Alert