Rubin went through a round of questions in a Reddit Ask-Me-Anything, mostly pertaining to the Essential Phone, and these two tidbits of information are just some of the many insights that the Android cofounder revealed for the device. The first available should be the charging dock. Vice President of Design at Essential, Dave Evans, revealed that the company chose to remove the 3.5 mm jack to reduce the bezels and maintain the higher battery capacity of the Essential Phone. The company is promising to release a total of six magnetic accessories for the Essential Phone, which includes the new 360-degree camera. We are continuing to look at supporting ideas, like cameras. Ultimately, Essential says it came down to keeping the device thin and stylish without compromising on the battery as these trade-offs weren't something the company was ok with.
The Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (CPK) Receives $68.75 Consensus PT from Brokerages
Bank of New York Mellon Corp lifted its position in shares of Chesapeake Utilities Corporation by 10.9% during the first quarter. Chesapeake Utilities Corporation (NYSE:CPK)'s EPS growth this year is 5.30% and the trailing 12-month EPS is $2.55.
The company explained that headphone jacks are "pretty big components" and that they aren't really great for the smartphones with an all-screen design.
The Essential Phone followed the trend started by Apple of ditching the headphone jack, with Essential VP of Design Dave Evans saying that if the device was created to include the port, there would likely be a huge bezel at the bottom and a reduction in the battery capacity by 10 percent, or a massive bump on where the headphone jack will be placed. "Then we made sure we to build ya'll a high-quality DAC in a tiny adapter that can elegantly live on your headphones", reads the post.
No release date was given for the high-end audio accessory, but the company said they are actively testing prototypes. By the time you make all the payments, which are discounted for a limited amount of time, you will have coughed up a little over $260 less than if you bought the Essential Phone unlocked, the latter of which is a $700 endeavor. So, it comes as no surprise that Essential also intends to roll out the Android 8.0 Oreo update for its Essential Phone.
- Eight dead in Florida nursing home following Hurricane Irma
- Porsche crashes into crowd at Boise auto show injuring Eleven
- Major fire breaks out at RK Studio in Mumbai
- Oklahoma State's Rudolph shows National Football League form in rout of Pitt
- Dileep's wife Kavya Madhavan likely to move court for anticipatory bail
- CBSE orders psychometric test of all school staff
- Confederate monument rally in Richmond has police on alert
- No third party in NE: China on Japan FDI plan
- Bill Skarsgård as Pennywise is Scarier Without Makeup
- Florida beats Tennessee with incredible last-second Hail Mary touchdown