However, this year, they were outclassed by the North Africans.
D'Tigers were hoping to get a second continental title and they actually started quite well; winning the first quarter 14-8 despite the vociferous fans inside the fully-packed Omnisports de Rades.
The Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) and Super Eagles midfielder John Ogu have congratulated Nigeria senior men's basketball team D'Tigers for qualifying for the 2017 FIBA AfroBasket final.
In the third quarter, D'Tigers increased their lead to 52-45 points, and fell two points behind Senegal in the last quarter (24-26) but scaled through in spite of the setback.
Twenty-First Century Fox Inc
The Company's segments include Cable Network Programming; Television; Filmed Entertainment, and Other, Corporate and Eliminations. The 1 year EPS growth rate is 13.60%. (NASDAQ:FOXA) was down -0.34% (-$0.09) to $26.5 and showed a volume of 8.25 mln shares.
Ziyed Chennoufi top scored for the champions, registering 19 points.
Diogu was named the tournament's Most Valuable Player (MVP), headlining the All-Star Five Awards offered by Tissot.
Iroegbu had the highest number of assists per game (5.6), while Tunisian Makram Ben Romdhane had the best rebounds per game (10.6) at the tournament. Mejri, who is recovering from a knee injury, was the MVP of Tunisia's title run in the 2011 AfroBasket. They defeated Cameroon 106-91 in the quarter-final on Thursday before Friday's win over Senegal.
- GOP Scores Budget Victory, Governor Vows Veto
- Ryan won't say tax cut won't raise deficit
- LeSean McCoy dealing with hamstring injury
- Two Militants Killed in J&K as Army Foils Infiltration Bid
- Faulty AC may have factored into deaths at Florida nursing home
- California crews deploy to restore power lost in Irma
- S&P 500 and other major indices close at record high
- Shahid Khaqan Abbasi to lead Pak delegation to UNGA
- Tom Brady's Formula For Peak Performance
- 8 died in USA nursing home in aftermath of Irma