Southampton manager Mauricio Pellegrino has this afternoon revealed that star defender Virgil Van Dijk is available to make his return for the club in their Premier League matchup with Crystal Palace this weekend.
The 26-year-old tried to force a move out of St Mary's in the summer by submitting a transfer request, with Liverpool heavily rumoured to be after the Dutchman's signature.
The Netherlands global has not featured in any of Southampton's five matches so far this campaign due to the uncertainty over his future, and has not played competitively since suffering a foot ligament injury against Leicester in January.
Boss Pellegrino said: "Virgil was training well".
Red Sparrow Trailer Delivers A Very Different Jennifer Lawrence
The film is directed by Francis Lawrence , who directed The Hunger Games: Catching Fire, as well as The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part One and Two .
"Right from the start at the end of last season, they said "we are not interested in selling our players, we're not interested".
Liverpool fans shouldn't look back on past misfirings in the transfer market, but instead look optimistically towards the future. "Now when he is not playing you can not give the captaincy to someone whose not playing but obviously Virgil is. was one of the leaders".
When asked whether the ex-England bosses introduction will make it more hard, the Saints boss was left unsure.
He told reporters after a 2-2 draw in the Reds" first group stage outing of the season: "I know you are always looking for this thing - the defence was always something being talked about: "We didn't sign this or that'". "Yes because we don't have too much reference about them. And no because 90 percent of our job is to think about us, about our style, our model".
- Protesters hang anti-racism sign at Red Sox game
- Inflation rises to 4-month high
- Ryan Asserts Trump Didn't Make A Deal On DACA, Just Had Discussions
- United Kingdom inflation dents real incomes as it hits five-year high
- 5 most interesting things Sean Spicer told Jimmy Kimmel, ranked
- Daniel Cormier reinstated as UFC light heavyweight champion
- Ryan case: HC denies pre-arrest bail to Pintos
- Brazil Supreme Court justice orders billionaire Batista arrest
- 'Last Chance U' brothers charged in fatal stabbing
- Trump won't stop lying about Susan Rice