Rooney had a shot blocked at the start of the second half but it was Atalanta who continued to show the real verve in attack, with Petagna having a low drive batted away by Stekelenburg and Freuler hitting the bar. They have four points from four games this season. I need to criticise myself because the team was not prepared and that is a question for myself.
Gian Piero Gasperini's Atalanta side have won back-to-back games ahead of their meeting with Everton, boasting seven wins and a draw from their last 10 in all competitions.
After the game, manager Ronald Koeman took responsibility for his side's narrow 4-2-3-1 formation which left the Blues chasing shadows all evening as a middling Atalanta ran riot. The commitment and the passion, what they showed in the first half was much bigger than what we showed. Our last result [against Tottenham] was not good, but we try to pick it up.
5 keys for Patriots to beat Saints in Week 2
Anzalone had what coach Sean Payton called a pretty active night. "I don't think so, but we'll see what happens", Anzalone said. Not exactly what you want to hear if you're a defense coming off an early-season stinker. "He can run extremely well".
Three minutes later Atalanta made the most of more ponderous Everton play, extending their lead via Cristante's finish, and Koeman and his men must have been simply relieved to then hear the whistle for half-time.
"You can make some rotation, but we start with a strong team".
"From my experience, I know it is not about the name of the Italian team, because every Italian team is hard to beat". For every club, to be part of Europe is important. But the nicest part of football is that if you lose a game - if you are not happy with the performance - you get another opportunity in a few days and can show your reaction. "Let's hope for a good game. and that the journey will take us a long way in European football". "So I am confident about tomorrow".
- Public inquiry into London's Grenfell Tower Fire opens today
- Randy Moss to sport custom shoes for Ring of Honor induction
- Trump On Visiting Florida: 'I Wanted To Look Them In The Eyes'
- Toshiba Looks to Bain Capital Team Again for Chip Unit Sale (News)
- North Korea Threatens Destruction of USA and Japan
- Bradford, Vikings cruise past Saints 29-19 in opener
- United Kingdom terror-related arrests rise to record 379
- Should you be worried about the iPhone X's facial recognition?
- Marcelo signs Real Madrid contract extension until 2022
- Top Lashkar militant Abu Ismail, aide killed in encounter in Nowgam