Police said militants ambushed a vehicle of the state armed police near Pantha Chowk, close to Army's 15-Corps headquarters, on the city's outskirts at around 7.45 pm, and opened indiscriminate fire. However, the militants managed to escape from the spot taking advantage of the darkness, reports added.
"One policeman succumbed", a police spokesperson said. They were identified as head constables Abdul Hamid, Shabir Ahmad and constable Mehraj-ud-Din. Security forces have cordoned off the area and are involved in a gunfight with terrorists. Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Muhammad claimed the responsibility for the attack.
Strong data boosts yields, dollar
President Donald Trump said on Twitter on Wednesday that "talking is not the answer", in regards to relations with North Korea. Some investors said risk appetite had been helped by the response to the North Korean missile test from the US administration.
The atatck comes days after eight security personnel, including four CRPF men, were killed when militants carried out a suicide attack on a district police complex in south Kashmir's Pulwama.
He said ASI Kamaljit Singh sustained bullet injuries in Pakistani troops firing while guarding a forward post in the sector. He hailed from a village in Punjab's Bhatinda.
- TN student who fought against NEET kills self
- NFL Denies 'Conspiracy' Against Cowboys Star Ezekiel Elliott
- By The Numbers: Ohio State Preview
- Amber Alert suspect has criminal record
- Trump rips 'rigged system' over claim Comey cleared Clinton before probe ended
- IRS: Beware of fake charity scams relating to Hurricane Harvey
- Turkey protests USA indictment charging Erdogan's security
- Led coalition says still monitoring IS convoy in Syria
- Arsenal, Liverpool target Lemar teases Prem pair over future move
- Even Trevor Noah Defended Melania Trump From the Internet Heel Haters