The Irish will open up the 2017 season when they host Temple on September 2nd at 3:30pm at Notre Dame Stadium.
The Tide received 52 of the 61 first place votes.
LSU is one of six Southeastern Conference teams in the poll, including No. 1 Alabama, No. 12 Auburn, No. 15 Georgia, No. 17 Florida and No. 25 Tennessee.
This also represents the 59th time that Oklahoma has appeared in the preseason AP poll, second most behind Ohio State (64 times). Wisconsin 10. Oklahoma State 11. The ACC and Big 12 are second with five teams, followed by the Big Ten and Pac-12 with four and The American with one.
Fellow Big 12ers Kansas State (No. 20), West Virginia (No. 22) and Texas (No. 23) made the cut as well.
First Secret Superstar Is A Smashing Winner
If you have watched the trailer of Secret Superstar you would know that the film is about a girl who aspires to be a singer. The three-minute song shows how Zaira's character in the film is trying to create her own identity and fulfill her dreams.
Ohio State was No. 2, preventing the first 1 vs 2 opening game since the AP preseason poll began in 1950. Southern California and defending national champion Clemson rounded out the top five.
This is the best four-year span for Auburn, which is No. 13 in the preseason coaches poll, in the preseason AP poll since an eight-year span in the top 15 from 1983-90.
No. 12 Auburn will open the season against Georgia Southern on September 2 at 6:30 p.m. central time at Jordan-Hare Stadium.
UF finished 14th in last season's final AP poll after defeating Iowa 30-3 in the Outback Bowl to finish 9-4.
- Lionel Messi 'seriously considering' Barcelona exit after Manchester City meet superstar's representatives
- Iraq begins operation to seize Tal Afar
- Sempra Energy gazumps Warren Buffett with US$9.45bn deal for Oncor
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 5A is official - 16MP selfies on the cheap
- Classic Aston Martin DBR1 sets auction record at Monterey event
- OH judge wounded in courthouse shooting, suspect killed
- Taylor Swift casually prepares to eclipse the eclipse
- Intel's new 8th-gen Core processors promise massive performance gains
- The United States and South Korea will hold joint military exercises
- Turkish football club Antalyaspor signs midfielder Nasri