The new note is in line with the government's plan to "focus" on lower denomination notes.
With fluorescent blue as its base colour, the new notes will bear the picture of the iconic stone chariot at Hampi, Karnataka on the reverse.
The dimension of the bank note will be 66 mm x 135 mm, the RBI said. The new note will soon be circulated in the country with the signature of Governor of Reserve Bank of India Urjit R. Patel. However, the Reserve Bank Of India had made it clearer that the new notes in terms of design and security features will be similar to the old ones that are in circulation.
RBI data shows that currency in circulation stood at Rs15.70 trillion as on 11 August, over nine months after demonetization.
The press release also added that, The note has other designs, geometric patterns aligning with the overall colour scheme, both at the obverse and reverse.
Govt said new smaller denomination notes would be infused gradually.
Second Confederate Monument Defaced In Arizona
The monument bearing the name of the only president of the Confederate States of America sits near Gold Canyon along U.S. Across the eastern seaboard cities like Baltimore, Gainesville and Tampa are removing Confederate statues.
Apart from the bottle green hue of the new note, Gandhi ji has been placed on the centre left unlike in the old notes.
Economic Affairs Secretary Shaktikanta Das earlier this year said the government has no plans to introduce new Rs 1000 currency note and that the focus is on lower denomination notes.
Ashoka Pillar emblem is to the right.
Micro letters "RBI", BHARAT in Devnagri, "INDIA" and "50".
On November 8, the Narendra Modi-led government chose to ban old Rs 500 and Rs 1000 notes.
Denominational numeral 50 in Devanagari.
- Woman raped by Roman Polanski asks for 'mercy' to end case — BBCI
- Long supports Malcolm Jenkins' protest during anthem
- Trump Lawyer Forwarded Email Comparing Washington To Lee
- Patriots fear Rivers will miss season with knee injury
- Moon says requisitioned workers have right to claim compensation
- Xbox One X Day One Edition Surfaced
- Delhi woman fired for accusing boss of molestation
- Latest "Game of Thrones" episode leaked online
- Jhanvi Kapoor, Khushi glam up mom Sridevi's star-studded birthday party
- Trump's 'moral authority' has been 'compromised'