An alert citizen called 911 just before 6 a.m. today after spotting one of the escaped prisoners from the Washington State Department of Corrections, the Portland Police Bureau reported.
Police say Tyray Munter and Maksim Petrovskiy escaped from the Washington State Department of Natural Resources fire crew in Klickitat County at about 2:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Later in the day, they were spotted in southeast Portland.
Munter and his colleague had been seen in the area of 82nd Avenue and Holgate Boulevard on Tuesday, the corrections department said that evening.
NU men to face Spartans in Big 10 opener
UW hasn't finished a season below fourth place in the Big Ten since 2001, but that streak will be tested this season. The Lady Lions will close Big Ten play at home for the fourth time in the last five seasons (at in , 2016).
The two were housed in the Olympic Corrections Center near Forks, Washington.
Munter is serving a 72-month sentence for assault and theft.
Petrovskiy was convicted of taking a motor vehicle without permission and possession of a stolen vehicle in Snohomish County and sentenced to two years and seven months in prison. His expected release date had been tentatively set for May 2, 2020. His expected release date had been tentatively set for December 8, 2018. A search was immediately launched. Goldendale, Wash.is located in south central Washington, 70 miles south of Yakima, Wash.
They were both on a work crew sent to fight fires in Goldendale, Wash. Local and state law enforcement have been notified, along with Oregon State Police. Petrovskiy was convicted of stealing a vehicle, also in Snohomish County.
- FCA joins BMW, Mobileye, and Intel's self-driving vehicle alliance
- Van Dijk not for sale, says Southampton chairman
- Maersk's NotPetya losses could hit $378 million
- Noel Gallagher to headline fundraising concert for Manchester terror memorial
- The Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman is suing AMC
- Taco Bell's Insane Taco With a Fried Egg Shell Is Launching Nationwide
- Indian and Chinese soldiers clash along Himalayan border
- Ak Steel Holding Corp (NYSE:AKS) Institutional Investor Positioning Change
- Amazon announces AWS Macie security tool, Glue ETL service
- Williams targets 'outrageous' Australian Open defence