Those reasons for excitement include the arrival of striker Romelu Lukaku for £75 million (S$132 million) from Everton, Chelsea's Serbia midfielder Nemanja Matic (£40 million) and Sweden defender Victor Lindelof from Benfica (£30 million).
"I am happy that the club managed to do 75 per cent of the work before the Premier League starts and, if until Aug 31 the remaining 25 per cent don't arrive, I will not moan".
"We have had a better pre-season than a year ago and we have the confidence levels of a team that has won a European competition and returned to the Champions League".
"I don't think I am going to win it because I always win it in the second season".
"You know he's injured, he needs time to recover, he's not ready to play tomorrow", Mourinho said.
Manchester United have opened talks with Zlatan Ibrahimovic over a new deal, as the Swede continues his rehabilitation from a serious knee injury. "I just think he was very clear showing what he did past year was not enough for him. He wants more at football's highest level, so we are having conversations and we are discussing the possibility of him staying with us for the second part of the season".
Bomb kills at least 15 in Pakistani city of Quetta
The army truck was passing by Quetta's Pishin Stop area of the city when it was targeted by the explosion. Rescue services and security forces have reached the site and are conducting rescue activities.
A good summer of recruiting should ensure they enjoy a far more stable season this year, aiming to get back to the form that earned them a place in the qualifying rounds of the Europa League. "It's not something urgent, it's not something we're desperate to have done or not done".
United kick off their Premier League campaign at home to West Ham on Sunday, having won six of their seven pre-season friendlies. And I always had respect and the desire to do well in the English cups and I always liked to go to the finals.
Mourinho, who confirmed that Marcos Rojo, Luke Shaw and Ashley Young are still sidelined with injury, believes his squad is in similar shape to how it was at the end of 20116-17, despite their three marquee signings. But we are involved in four competitions.
The Portuguese added: "I want to play West Ham a hard match, then go to Swansea for another hard match".
"I think everybody is in Europe. What we had was midfielders and wingers scoring, and even central defenders scoring goals from set pieces", Mourinho said.
"We were focused on the striker getting goals and when it didn't happen we were in trouble". The 25 per cent would be for a player for another position, playing from the sides.
"But if we cannot strengthen the team in this area, we have players we can trust".
- Why Traders Are Chasing Liberty Global plc (LBTYA), Gogo Inc. (GOGO)
- Jeffrey Loria Agrees To Sell Marlins To Derek Jeter, Bruce Sherman Group
- 'The show is fake' CBB contestant Trisha Paytas lashes out in video
- Judge Just Ruled Teachers Should Be Allowed to Sleep with Students
- Ministerial meeting of BIMSTEC kick-starts in Kathmandu
- Damond's Fiance: Felt Like Privilege To Love Justine
- Trump Calls Guam Amid North Korea Tensions, Says: 'You Are Safe'
- Cardinals announce they'll honor Rally Cat with 'Rally Cat Appreciation Day'
- City to rein in spending spree: Guardiola
- Sebastian Gorka Dismisses Rex Tillerson's Reassurances on North Korea