In a statement released on Friday morning, club owners Fenway Sports Group says no offers will be considered for the Brazilian.
Coutinho's demand is believed to have been rejected by Liverpool, who only hours earlier had gone public with their intent to keep the playmaker at all costs.
In a statement on Friday, the club's owners said its "definitive stance" was that "no offers will be considered".
Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp told Barcelona "to save their energy" last week, claiming the player wasn't for sale.
"I've said it already a few times, but maybe it's not been 100% clear, but now you can read it - maybe that's the difference!", he noted. Sky Sports reports a member of his family as saying: "Philippe has tried very hard to find an amicable solution to this situation but to no avail".
Trump White House to look into China's trade practices
If an investigation begins, the USA government could seek remedies either through the World Trade Organization or outside of it. An investigation by Lighthizer could possibly lead to tariffs against China and action through the World Trade Organization.
Coutinho, was signed by Liverpool for GBP8.5 million in January 2013 and signed a five-year deal which did not include buy-out clause.
UPDATE: Liverpool have since come out and denied that Coutinho has handed in a transfer request.
Barcelona have had two bids - first of £72million, then £90million - rejected by the Reds.
He was Liverpool's leading scorer with 14 goals in all competitions last term, a season that saw Klopp's men secure a fourth-placed finish in the Premier League.
He added: "Coutinho emailed transfer request to Liverpool sporting director, Michael Edwards, today having reported for training as normal". They travel to Vicarage Road to face Watford. "He's not available and is also a doubt for Tuesday", Klopp told a news conference".
When asked if he had to keep Coutinho happy, the German revealed the fact he is unavailable for selection due to a back injury is the greater problem.
- Missile incoming? Head underground, Guam tells residents
- $393M winning Mega Millions ticket sold in IL , lottery officials say
- Karzai reacts at alleged civilian deaths in United States airstrike
- Wayne Rooney: Back where I belong at Everton and meaning business
- Liverpool midfielder Coutinho submits transfer request
- Eggs containing pesticides found in 17 countries
- Wrong man arrested in United Kingdom jogger-rage case
- Real Madrid: Isco has signed new contract
- Dolphins' Tannehill out for season
- Akshay's 'Toilet: Ek Prem Katha' mints Rs 13 cr on day one