Arsenal are taking on the 2015/16 Premier League champions Leicester City, who could also be losing some of their star players. "We have to try and win most of games that we compete in but we know the rollercoaster that the Premier League can be as well".
Arsenal responded positively but Schmeichel was up to the task, stopping Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's long shot before getting across just in time to deny Hector Bellerin.
Ozil was originally a doubt for the visit of the Foxes but the Germany global returned to training on Thursday and should be given the all-clear to start.
"He wanted to stay and that was one of the greatest days I've had in recent months".
Olivier Giroud turned down the opportunity to leave Arsenal this summer, Arsene Wenger has revealed.
Wayne Rooney: Back where I belong at Everton and meaning business
The header was his 300th involvement in a goal in the Premier League, with 101 assists to add to his 199 goals. Stoke manager Mark Hughes: "Everyone is fed up of friendlies, and we just all want the season to start now".
Arsenal will be among the sides hoping to challenge for the Premier League this season. He scored with 12 of only 19 shots on target in the league for his former club, which as chance-conversion goes makes him not so much risky as actually radioactive. It will be interesting to see just how well the Nigerian combines with Vardy up front, having given a good account of himself in pre-season.
Wenger admits he was surprised to lure the 26-year-old from Lyon to London.
Alexis Sanchez - who is yet to feature for Arsenal since their FA Cup win last season - will miss tonight's game with an abdominal injury.
"There could be a surprise like Leicester as well as teams like Everton".
"In the middle of the transfer market it's hard to predict".
- How to view the solar eclipse
- Antonio Conte sends direct message to Chelsea board about signings
- Dolphins' Tannehill out for season
- Trump White House to look into China's trade practices
- A look inside the White House construction
- London 2017: Farah finishes with 5000m silver
- Wrong man arrested in United Kingdom jogger-rage case
- Karzai reacts at alleged civilian deaths in United States airstrike
- Bolt loses world race; still fan favorite
- Mattis praises diplomatic effort to deal with North Korea