Trump doubled down Thursday, saying his previous bold statements might not have been "strong enough" for Kim Jong Un, whose regime announced a plan to fire four missiles near the USA island territory of Guam in response to the White House's bold rhetoric.
"North Korea is a serious thing", the Minnesota Democrat said during a question-and-answer session at the progressive Netroots Nation conference in Atlanta on Friday.
"That was one of those I wish I'd not said", Ellison, who also serves as the deputy chair of the Democratic National Committee, told The Washington Post shortly after he made the accusation.
Wendell David Associates Trims Position in Coca-Cola Company (The) (NYSE:KO)
Shares of Coca-Cola European Partners PLC ( CCE ) traded up 1.23% during mid-day trading on Friday, reaching $43.75. Given the stock's recent action, it seemed like a good time to take a closer look at the company's recent data.
The editorial claimed that Kim Jong-un's army is "capable of fighting any war the USA wants" and that the military is "on the standby to launch fire into its mainland, waiting for an order of final attack". "It's tailor-made for somebody to misuse. Well, he's acting more responsible than this guy is". I'd say he's being incredibly irresponsible and he's putting us in a situation where you could have an accidental launch. "What we need is someone bringing calm to the situation, not spiking it".
Savage, the author of the best-selling "Trump's War: His Battle for America", noted Kim's threats are more than just talk, "he's actually been firing missiles".
Washington and Pyongyang have been engaged in an escalating war of words since Wednesday when Trump warned of "fire and fury like the world has never seen" if the North continues escalating its nuclear threat. Michael Ahrens, the RNC's rapid-response director, sent the video of Ellison's comment to reporters, calling it "insane" and and challenging Democrats to respond.
- Could the Android O be released August 21?
- NHL Legend Bryan Murray Dies From Cancer At 74
- Chelsea toppled on day of high drama in EPL
- Aaron Rodgers is all-in on an iconic 'Game Of Thrones' fan theory
- Crowds turn up for meteor shower event
- Cardinals announce they'll honor Rally Cat with 'Rally Cat Appreciation Day'
- Jamie Carragher launches all out assault on Liverpool's defence
- Neymar finally cleared to make PSG debut against Guingamp
- United in talks with Ibra
- Notes From The Phillies' 7-6 Loss To New York