10 lives have been lost in the floods till Saturday, while one person is reported to be missing.
Saturday's casualty has taken the toll in floods to more than 150 across five north-eastern states - Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Mizoram and Nagaland. "More than half of the relief camp inmates are in Kokrajhar district", an ASDMA officer said. Over 10 lakh population in 19 districts of the state have been affected so far, with Dhemaji and Bongaigaon being worst hit. The authorities opened 268 relief camps in 14 districts where 63,797 displaced people were lodged. The fresh wave of floods has submerged upper and lower Assam, affecting almost 10 lakh people.
Almost 14,000 flood displaced people are taking shelter in 39 relief centres, the ASDMA report added.
Sebastian Gorka Dismisses Rex Tillerson's Reassurances on North Korea
Trump's unexpected remarks prompted North Korea to respond by saying it was considering plans for a missile strike on the U.S. They did not detail whom specifically Trump and Kelly spoke with.
While seven of the 12 affected areas were already repaired and the lines certified for train running at controlled speed, in four sections train running are suspended till the situation improves. "Following the situation, we have introduced time cards in NH-37 to control the speed of vehicles", a park official said. He also interacted with the inmates.
He announced an additional Rs 250 crore for flood relief operations in Assam. Proper rehabilitation measures have been taken for affected people and no stone would be left unturned in helping the distraught people at this hour, he added.
Saying that flood is not only Assam's problem as it also causes havoc in neighboring coutries like Nepal, Bhutan, Bangladesh etc, Sonowal stated that a multi state and multi nation approach for finding permanent solution to the problem of flood would be adopted by the government so that recurring damages and devastations can be avoided in future. "Embankments at many places are facing damage due to boiling, seepage and peculation", sources said. Normal Monsoon conditions persisted over Gangetic West Bengal, remaining parts of northeastern states, Odisha, Coastal Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Rayalaseema, Gujarat, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh, Kerala, and Karnataka. Nine other rivers are also flowing above danger mark in Assam.
- BidaskClub Downgrades Healthcare Realty Trust Incorporated (HR) to Sell
- Global stocks slide as US-North Korea nuclear tensions rise
- David Moyes has a very blunt assessment of Paul Pogba
- Facebook anonymously launched an app in China
- Bomb kills at least 15 in Pakistani city of Quetta
- Missile incoming? Head underground, Guam tells residents
- Elderly man found dead in lift one month after being reported missing
- Detroit Red Wings to white supremacist group: Stop using our logo
- Why Traders Are Chasing Liberty Global plc (LBTYA), Gogo Inc. (GOGO)
- Nitish faction removes Sharad as party head in RS