Al Hariri said they were scheduled to gather in a dark sky desert area to observe and capture the view of the Persied Meteor Shower.
The Perseid Meteor Shower is in its peak this weekend, and you'll be lucky if you get to see about 40 to 50 meteors per hour.
Astronomy lovers in B.C. hoping to catch a glimpse of the Perseid meteor shower on Saturday night could potentially be out of luck.
The Perseid meteors, shed by comet Swift-Tuttle, stage their show every August and are among the brightest of all shooting stars. The moonlight will make a lot of the dimmer meteors invisible, which will lower the overall count.
The greatest numbers of meteors will be between midnight and just before dawn on the mornings of August 11-13. We can look forward to a decent display, even though they aren't going to be raining down from the sky. However, the meteors will streak across the sky in all directions, so it doesn't really matter.
A DAZZLING display of shooting stars will light up Britain's skies as the best meteor shower of the year takes place.
West Ham United to launch £25m bid for William Carvalho
Tony Pulis even travelled to Lisbon in April to watch the 25-year-old during a 1-1 draw with Benfica, but nothing materialised. The Hammers start their Premier League campaign on Sunday with a trip to face Manchester United at Old Trafford.
The Okangan Observatory, located about 30 minutes outside Kelowna, will also be hosting an event.
The Perseids usually have a flare rate of about 80-100 per hour at 60 km per second speed, but this year flare rates are reduced by half owing to the bright moon, he added.
If you do miss the Perseids this year, the next big meteor show will be the Leonids in November.
Gallery visitors made their wish during the meteor show on a Time Capsule Wall.
The greatest meteor shower in USA history occurred with the Leonids on November 12, 1833, with 20 to 30 meteors reported per second.
- New tropical storm soon? Hurricane center watching area near Bahamas
- Premier League table 2017/18
- Derek Wolfe ankle injury not considered serious
- Why Traders Are Chasing Liberty Global plc (LBTYA), Gogo Inc. (GOGO)
- Detroit Red Wings to white supremacist group: Stop using our logo
- Mourinho comments on Man United's title chances
- Mariners' lefty James Paxton leaves game with injury
- United in talks with Ibrahimovic about striker staying
- Kyrie Irving prefers Clippers, Blake Griffin pairing
- Trump speaks with Guam governor amid North Korea threat