Chelsea became the first defending Premier League champions to concede three goals in their opening match of the season by making an abysmal start against Burnley.
A Joel Ward own goal and two from new signing Steve Mounie gave Huddersfield a 3-0 win away from home at Selhurst Park.
Listen to the latest news on our 5 radio stations Legend FM, Viti FM, Radio Sargam, FM96 and Navtarang.
And four minutes later, Burnley incredibly scored a third.
Antonio Conte's team talk clearly galvanised the champions, however, and they looked much livelier in the second half. Six minutes before half-time, left-back Stephen Ward made it 2-0 in stunning fashion.
Pahlaj Nihalani removed as CBFC chief; Prasoon Joshi appointed new chairperson
Reacting to his appointment, Joshi said: "Over the years, I have always extended my talent and experience to societal causes". Pankaj Nihalani's reign as the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) Chief has abruptly come to an end.
Fabregas and Cahill will be suspended for Chelsea's tough second match of the season, away to Tottenham at Wembley Stadium next weekend.
Elsewhere on Saturday afternoon, West Brom beat Bournemouth 1-0 at The Hawthorns.
Turns out Morata can play, and his diving header met a classy bit of playmaking from Willian to make it 3-1 in the 69th minute.
"We're hoping we're learning, building a mentality, with an assured view of the Premier League". That doesn't seem to have changed in the offseason, as Jurgen Klopp never bought another defender to reinforce his back line.
Wayne Rooney crowned his first appearance for formative club Everton since 2004 by notching the victor in a 1-0 win over Stoke City, heading in Dominic Calvert-Lewin's cross for his 199th Premier League goal. Burnley may not be a sustainable Premier League club in the long term, but Dyche is a highly competent top-flight coach, more motivated than most by the desire to overcome the odds and confound his critics.
- Updates from Premier League opener at Selhurst Park
- Canada's Denis Shapovalov takes down Rafael Nadal at Rogers Cup
- Bolt loses world race; still fan favorite
- NRC: Lack of getting medical help overseas kills more in Yemen
- Liverpool midfielder Coutinho submits transfer request
- Piers Morgan Accuses Walmart of Selling Guns to Kids After Viral Photo
- A look inside the White House construction
- How to view the solar eclipse
- Mauricio Pochettino says he is sure Tottenham summer signings will come
- Redskins linebacker Trent Murphy out for the season with torn ACL