The president's remarks followed several weeks of speculation that Trump meant to remove Mueller, USA Today reported.
"Probably makes consultant fees from all over the place, who knows, I don't know, but I thought it was pretty tough stuff to wake him up, perhaps his family was there". "I've been reading about it from you people".
Popular Video This young teenage singer was shocked when Keith Urban invited her on stage at his concert.
"We're working with him", Trump said.
"I want them to get on with the task, but I also want the Senate and the House to come out with their findings".
John Dowd, Trump's attorney, underscored Trump's support for Mueller in a comment August 8. "He asked me to share that with him and that's what I've done". The president has discussed both the possibility of firing Mr. Mueller and his concerns that the investigation will undermine his presidency.
Economic Survey Volume II key highlights: Economy relatively resilient to demonetisation
India has now emerged as one of the most open economies in the world for receiving FDI, on the back of a host of liberalisation measures, the Economic Survey said today.
Mueller's investigation has gathered pace over recent weeks.
Trump also responded to the news that the FBI raided the home of his former campaign manager Paul Manafort as part of the investigation.
Investigators sought tax documents and foreign banking records from Mr. Manafort, who is under investigation for his business dealings, his attendance at a meeting between campaign officials and Russians, and whether his work for the Ukrainian government violated the Foreign Agents Registration Act.
Mueller has added Hillary Clinton donors to his team, too, fueling more speculation that Trump might have a chip on his shoulder about the whole thing.
Trump was asked about the raid on Manafort's house August 10. "No, I'm not dismissing anybody", he replied during a press conference with reporters in Bedminster, New Jersey on Thursday.
He expressed disappointment that the Federal Bureau of Investigation conducted a surprise search of Manfort's residence in the wee hours, saying, "they do that very seldom. I was very, very surprised to see it".
- On second day, Nawaz Sharif's rally gets mixed response
- Liverpool's Jürgen Klopp: we will not sell Philippe Coutinho at any price
- Toshiba secures auditor sign-off, likely avoiding immediate delisting
- Amazon's U.S. ticket sales talks stall over customer data
- Glasses Cam Captures Cop Being Shot 4 Times
- Taylor Swift testifies in court that DJ subjected her to 'horrifying' grope
- Tiger Woods tweets to refute Daily Mail story about his dating life
- Florida day care driver charged in boy's hot van death
- Mehbooba Likely To Call On PM Modi — Kashmir On Edge
- NFL Star Ezekiel Elliott Suspended 6 Games After Domestic Violence Investigation