In its latest assessment of civilian casualties from airstrikes in Iraq and Syria released earlier this week, the US-led coalition claimed 624 people were "unintentionally killed" since the start of the campaign against IS in the region.
The militants have been a thorn in the country's side since they began filtering in from neighboring Syria, which has been in the throes of civil war since 2011.
At least 13 civilians, including children and women, have been killed in the Syrian city of Raqqah in airstrikes by the US-led coalition purportedly fighting Daesh, a monitoring group says.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights monitor said ISIS had dispatched at least five suicide vehicle bombs and had laid mines throughout several frontline towns in Homs.
The Observatory, which relies on a network of sources inside Syria for its information, has regularly reported civilians killed by coalition strikes. Rights organisations say the number is far higher.
Newest Breath of the Wild Update Introduces New Way to Get Items
Are you still enjoying Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild? The News Channel will be open on the 8th of September this year. The news channel will allow players to obtain in-game items, though it's now unclear what those items might be.
The IS is also facing offensive in the north of Deirazzor from The US backed SDF who have also registered a victory against the rebel fighters in Raqqa town.
Captured by the Daesh in 2014, Raqqa became a symbol of atrocities by its fighters in its self-declared "caliphate".
The Syrian Democratic Forces, an alliance of Syrian Kurds and Arabs, began an assault to retake Raqqa in June. They have since advanced and taken over around 45 percent of the city.
The US hasn't issued a comment on the matter, though civilian deaths in airstrikes in large cities are not uncommon, and the US has been launching a lot of airstrikes against Raqqa in recent weeks, trying to boost the Kurdish invasion.
- Tata Motors Group Global Wholesales Up 12% In July 2017
- 'Toilet Ek Prem Katha' breaks new ground in worldwide markets
- TV Pundit Accuses New RNC Spokesperson Of Being A 'Fraud' On Twitter
- Serena Williams Says This Is the "Scariest Thing" About Becoming a Mom
- Pioneer Natural Resources Company (PXD) PT Lowered to $190.00
- Disney's incredible new streaming service is going to cost you big time
- Kesha says 'Rainbow' album 'literally saved my life'
- Will Alexis Sanchez Stay Or Will He Leave Arsenal — Sports Betting
- Jaguars LT Branden Albert Puts Off Retirement, Wants to Return
- Energy Transfer Equity misses 2Q profit forecasts