"I think this record has quite literally saved my life,"she said".
Elsewhere in the interview, Kesha discussed working with her mother and other family members on the album, alongside Dolly Parton, adding: "I consider her family now".
"I feel so much right now, I can't even", she said before taking the stage.
The singer recounts near tears how deeply personal the song is to her.
After three years of legal battles with producer Dr. Luke, Kesha has returned with a new, acclaimed sound and is striking a defiant and liberated tone on the press circuit.
The 30-year-old visited Good Morning America on Wednesday, Aug. 9, 2017 to promote her upcoming Rainbow album, which will be released this Friday, Aug. 11. "So this is very special for us, and I hope it's really special for you guys". As Nicki Swift previously reported, Kesha dropped the lawsuit in August 2016 in order to focus on her music.
Facebook shuts down Snapchat-like app Lifestage and Groups app
This move is a bit more surprising: Facebook put a lot of focus on the popular feature and said it was used by 1 billion people. Only users aged over 21 were allowed to join the app, although that rule was easily bypassed, causing some privacy concerns .
Kesha was also on hand to perform her emotionally charged single Praying, telling the audience: 'If I can make it through the song, I'm gonna be singing it'.
She also discussed the symbolism of hope behind the title, and how rainbow motifs have come to be a large part of her life. "I go to the tattoo artist and it's like, 'A rainbow of something?'"
The pop sensation is fully focused on relaunching her music career after an unexpected musical hiatus.
Dr Luke says the singer made up that story in an attempt to ruin his reputation to try to weasel out of her recording contract.
Kesha marked an agreement with Dr Luke - who precluded every one of the charges from claiming misuse - for five collections in 2005 and has so far discharged only two.
- On North Korea Threat, 'Americans Should Sleep Well at Night,' Tillerson Says
- What if we enter Sikkim or Kashmir? asks China
- Large inflatable chicken stares down White House
- ESports May Be A Part Of The 2024 Olympics
- UBM Plc (LON:UBM) Rating Reiterated by Credit Suisse Group
- Bizarre Diplomatic Dust-up Leaves US Diplomats Ill, Gets Cuban Diplomats Expelled
- Nikki Haley: New Tone Now Coming From China on North Korea
- We have to protect India from the forces of darkness
- North Korea says it's examining plans to attack Guam
- Stephen Colbert pleads with Trump to 'shut up' about North Korea