Bhubaneswar: Union Tribal Affairs Minister Jual Oram on Sunday said he was ready to step down if the allegations of discrepancies in poll expenditure statement levelled by the Biju Janata Dal (BJD) were found to be true.
On the other hand, BJP vice-president Sameer Mohanty, in a press conference organised here at the party headquarters today, alleged that BJD is even violating the constitutional norms to prove the allegations wrong.
"I will resign immediately if any discrepancy in the poll expenses stated by me is proven false".
Addressing media persons in New Delhi the BJP MP from Sundergarh said that the BJD's latest charges were fabricated and politically motivated. As per BJP, CM Patnaik submitted a false affidavit while contesting in the assembly polls of 2014. "If the allegations are found true, then I would step down as a minister", Jual Oram said in his response at New Delhi.
Referring to the case filed against Patnaik in the Orissa High Court, Mohanty said it is a case against Patnaik as an MLA.
John Cena says goodbye to the Joe Louis Arena
While last night may have been WWE's final appearance at #Joe Louis Arena , it's far from their last time in Detroit. SmackDown Women's Champion Naomi, Becky Lynch, and Charlotte defeated Nattie, Tamina Snuka, and Carmella.
BJP has raised a question on BJD president and CM of Odisha, Naveen Patnaik for using the chit fund scam money to contest elections in 2014.
The BJP has moved the Election Commission of India, Enforcement Directorate and Income Tax department seeking a probe into the BJD's election funding.
"The allegations regarding irregularities in my poll expenses are completely baseless and there is no mismatch of figures furnished in the affidavit".
The BJD's attack on Oram came after the BJP sought Odisha Governor S C Jamir's intervention into alleged misuse of official machinery by the Odisha government to defend the poll expenditure case against the chief minister, who is also the BJD president.
- Congress activists force cancellation of Indu Sarkar in Thane
- 'Dunkirk', 'Atomic Blonde' Dominate Weekend Box Office Predictions
- Apple removes VPN apps from China App Store to comply with government
- At least 9 injured after auto plows into crowd in Los Angeles
- Photo of Nemanja Matic in a Manchester United shirt leaked
- Russian Federation boots U.S. diplomats in retaliation for new sanctions
- Chris Christie Gets In Fan's Face At The Cubs-Brewers Game
- India seizes huge amount of heroin worth millions of dollars
- Monaco Defiant In The Face Of Arsenal Pressure Over Lemar
- White House: Trump to sign Russian Federation sanctions bill