Fans of Ernest Cline's sci-fi novel, that's one part love story to pop culture of the 80s and one part action-adventure story, seemed a rather daunting adaptation thanks to a laundry list of references and completely insane action sequences. Now try and spot all the little things from other movies. In the book, the competitions involve gameplay and knowing scenes and lines from War Games and Monty Python and the Holy Grail. When eccentric billionaire who created the OASIS dies, he offers up his vast fortune as the prize in an elaborate treasure hunt.
"It was like the most incredible flash-forward and flash-back at the same time", Spielberg said.
The new footage from "Ready Player One" can be viewed above. These are just a few of the pop culture touchstones that will be featured in Steven Spielberg's retro futuristic wonderland Ready Player One. According to Spielberg, The Iron Giant plays a big role in the film. Instead, legendary composer Alan Silvestri (The Avengers, Back to the Future) will be filling in for Williams. Ready Player One co-stars Simon Pegg (Ogden Morrow), T.J. Hardly something to complain about.
Hernandez pitches well, but Mariners fall to Yankees
First base umpire Tony Randazzo was hit in the head by a line drive from Yankees SS Didi Gregorius in the fifth inning. Earlier Thursday, the Mariners traded for Miami reliever David Phelps, sending four prospects to the Marlins.
While we don't get to see Art3mis, Sorrento, or Aech, we do see why this is one of the most highly anticipated films of the year. The filmmaker is bringing the OASIS to life with motion capture.
According to the film's synopsis, the movie takes place in Columbus, Ohio in "a world on the brink of chaos and collapse".
Ready Player One hits theaters March 30th 2018 after getting pushed back from its initial December 15th date (to avoid The Last Jedi).
- Dates for 2017/2018 El Clasico fixtures announced
- Hezbollah, regime forces launch operation on Syria-Lebanon border
- Jordan Spieth Shoots Bogey Free Round To Start Open Championship
- 'Juice' will be loose: OJ Simpson granted parole in robbery
- US Ends Controversial Laptop Ban On Flights From Middle East
- If Trump fires Mueller, he ignores history, risks disaster
- Open champ Henrik Stenson defiant after house is burgled
- Prince George is all smiles as he celebrates his fourth birthday
- Incitement over Temple Mount Spurs Continuing Clashes between Protesters and Israeli Police
- TWIN PEAKS Delivered a Funny, Spoiler-Free SDCC Panel