New Zealand has been struck by several strong earthquakes in the past few years.
Update: 8:18PM AN quake measuring 6.4 on the Richter scale took place off the coast of the New Zealand south island this evening.
The quake confused GeoNet's instruments, the geological serivce initially reporting a 5.9 magnitude natural disaster had struck near Invercargill and another near Blenheim with a magnitude of 5.0.
It was originally registered at 6.8M before being downgraded slightly to 6.4M by GeoNet, who said the quake had "confused our system a bit".
Rafa Benitez: Newcastle United are struggling to compete in insane transfer market
However, Newcastle do have Rafa Benitez who is a manager capable of getting the best out of many players. However, Benitez's frustration's have become clear after the club missed out on key transfer targets.
The U.S. Geological Survey reports that a magnitude 3.0 temblor hit outside of Lincoln on Tuesday morning.
The Ministry of Civil Defence says there is no tsunami threat to New Zealand after the quake, however identified it as a 6.8 magnitude.
Emergency authorities did not report any significant damage or injuries.
Hundreds of people in the cities of Invercargill and Dunedin reported feeling a light shaking.
- Watch Kit Harington Audition for Every Part in Game of Thrones
- Trump administration set to cancel entrepreneurial visa program
- Feds probing possible terror act at Air Force recruiting center
- Murray into 10th straight Wimbledon last eight on Manic Monday
- "The L Word" Reboot Is In The Works At Showtime
- Louis Vuitton introduces the pricey Tambour Horizon smart watch
- Gambia celebrates World Population Day today
- Contaminated blood scandal inquiry announced
- THAAD System Intercepts Target in Missile Defense Flight Test - Lockheed Martin
- Wimbledon: Venus Williams becomes oldest female semifinalist in 23 years