This launch is technically a beta, with ads only initially shown to a limited number of Messenger users - but it's still a big step forward for Facebook, which has been trying to find a way to squeeze ads into the more intimate arena of private messaging for years. More than 1.2 billion people use Messenger every month, according to Facebook. When Facebook first started testing News Feed ads in January, they acknowledged that this potential invasion of privacy was a concern. Epytom Stylist is hands-down one of the bots most recommended by Facebook Messenger staff, one of only 30 featured bots in the Discover tab. Later this month, the company said, "a small percent of consumers globally" will start seeing those ads and that the number of users impacted will increase gradually over time. Initially, only traffic and conversion objectives will be supported, with more options, like app install ads, due to be added "soon".
Pepsico, Inc. (NYSE:PEP) Posts Quarterly Earnings Results
Finally, Granite Investment Advisors LLC acquired a new stake in Pepsico during the first quarter worth approximately $204,000. RBC Capital Markets maintained PepsiCo, Inc . (NYSE: PEP ) earned "Buy" rating by Societe Generale on Monday, December 12.
The test comes as Facebook tries to maximize its money making, with ads representing the bulk of its total revenue. Also, companies can only send sponsored messages once they have had a conversation with a user. It won't be long, however, until we're all seeing ads on the Messenger homepage, so definitely get ready for that. But inside the company's latest blog post, it quoted Michiel Tops, general manager of marketing and communications at the Australian department store David Jones:"Messenger ads have been a powerful addition to our digital advertising campaigns, helping us reach our customers where they are already active and engaged".
- Federal government scraps decade-long search for new FBI headquarters
- Get An Early Peek At 'Stranger Things' Season 2
- Seattle passes new tax on wealthy residents
- Beachgoers form 80-person human chain to save drowning family
- British Grand Prix future in doubt after Silverstone trigger break clause
- The Wheeler Real Estate Investment Trust, Inc. (WHLR) Downgraded by ValuEngine
- Donald Trump to make state visit to Britain next year
- Lukaku raakte tijdens finale tegen Ajax overtuigd van Man Utd
- Stocks eke out a win; tech gains lift Nasdaq
- M&S sales fall in first quarter despite Easter boost