Other variants of the new XC60 have also received power upgrades varying between five to 10bhp. Volvo claims that these boost the XC60's engine performance, accelerator response and gearshift speed and hold.
The 1848kg SUV packs a turbocharged and supercharged four-pot, with an electric motor originally capable of 65kW. Not bad for a vehicle that, along with the related XC90 T8 Polestar, is the most powerful Volvo model ever built. With it, the XC60 T8 Polestar is now as powerful as its bigger brother, the XC90 T8 Polestar. Polestar says it has enhanced mid-range power and torque, to enhance real-world engine performance.
Leicester City agree Kelechi Iheanacho deal
City are wary of being stuck in a situation like Manchester United, who had to spend £89m to re-sign their academy graduate Paul Pogba last summer.
Polestar says its optimisation improves five key areas of the powertrain while retaining the Volvo warranty, class-leading emission levels, consumption of 134mpg and a pure electric range of 28 miles. It also holds onto a lower gear for longer in a corner, while the throttle has also been tweaked for quicker response both on and off, and the engine has been tuned to deliver more power.
The gearbox shifts faster, gearshift points have been calibrated to utilise the mid-range engine performance, and the gear-hold function maintains the same gear when cornering with high lateral g-force in order to avoid unsettling the balance of the auto.
In the United Kingdom, the Polestar upgrades will also be available on the 2.0-litre T5 petrol engine, and the 2.0-litre D4 and 2.4-litre D5 diesel engines. "The new XC60 has provided us with an excellent base to work on, with a dynamic chassis and state-of-the-art powertrain".
- Need to find out reasons behind Baduria: Amartya Sen
- Lena Headey: Cersei is "horrible" in 'Game of Thrones' Season 7
- Cattle trade notification: Madras High Court's stay operational, clarifies Supreme Court
- Britain should give more rights to "gig economy" workers, review to say
- Israel backs Hungary's 'antisemitic' poster against George Soros after U-turn
- Stocks eke out a win; tech gains lift Nasdaq
- BRT Realty Trust (NYSE:BRT) Sentiment Improved in Q4 2016
- Matt Vogel Replacing Steve Whitmire as Kermit the Frog
- Xiaomi possibly teases the Mi Max 2 phablet for India launch
- No sign of four lions on a walk-about