A fast-moving brush fire erupted near Castaic Lake in northwest Los Angeles County Saturday afternoon, and the Los Angeles County Fire Department and Angeles National Forest teams now have the fire 10% contained.
The fire started in an area with hard access near the Golden State (5) Freeway and Ridge Road, on the bank of Castaic Lake.
Originally officials say it scorched 1,000 acres, but Sunday night crews have scaled that estimate back.
"Things are looking good", said Nathan Judy, spokesman for the Angeles National Forest.
Castaic Lake is 45 miles northeast of downtown Los Angeles.
Access to fight the fire was limited, but fixed wing aircrafts and boats were brought in to fight the flames.
Asked about the heat, Judy said: "Our firefighters are used to working in hot temperatures, especially when they're around the fire".Читайте также: Andres Romero wins first title in nine years in Munich
The fire was first reported at about 2 p.m. PDT on Saturday. Almost 400 firefighters and five aircraft are working on getting full containment of the fire on Monday.
Some fire resources are being relieved as of 9 a.m. Sunday, but it's more due to the access concerns for vehicles, and a reduced need for structure protection crews where the fire is now burning, according to Nathan Judy of the Angeles National Forest Service.
More than 450 firefighters were on scene battling the blaze, along with nine aircraft.
No mandatory evacuations were in place, Licon said. "The firefighters will be out there, but there will be no shade for them".
A firefighter suffered a minor injury and has been taken to a hospital, Judy said.
"It's a largely recreational area", Licon said.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Passengers told to 'say a prayer': Perth AirAsia flight turned around
- Colorado officer escorting Pence motorcade hurt in crash
- Shuttler Srikanth wins Australian Open Super Series title
- Watch Mohamed Salah's first day at Liverpool FC
- Kansas' Jackson, Duke's Tatum headline forwards in NBA draft
- Arab states don't seek 'regime change' in Qatar
- Trump Urged by US Lawmakers to Push Modi on Trade, Investment
- Eternal Badass Alysia Montano Runs 800 Meters Five Months Pregnant
- The 5 most requested iPhone features Apple left out of iOS 11
- Anti-police protesters disrupt Twin Cities Pride Parade