Liverpool will have likely been impressed in their scouting mission too, as Meyer scored for Germany in their 2-0 win over the Czech Republic.
"His record in Italy has been outstanding and he possesses qualities that will enhance our team and squad".
'We've got a fantastic manager at the helm, so I think Liverpool are very, very close.
Toll from Pakistan tanker fire climbs to 148
The blaze from the oil spill engulfed scores of residents, killing 149 people and injuring 117 others, officials said . The deaths from the explosion were expected to rise as numerous injured were reported to be in critical condition.
Primarily a No. 10, Meyer can also play out wide, giving Klopp a versatile creative option if he feels he still needs more in the final third, even after signing Salah just days ago.
Despite Liverpool's public apology to Southampton over the club's "tapping up" of the Dutch defender, Klopp hasn't had his interest in van Dijk dampened. Fans across the world are following you. You can see on Twitter and Facebook that fans are insane about them.
But he looked forward to a "new challenge" which he insisted he is "happy to have" and is "excited" at, declaring: "It's not easy, but I'm ready". We have a great team and very good players. Everyone can see the coach gives everything.
He was given a warm reception by Liverpool's supporters, vowing to "give 100 percent" to help the club compete for the English title that they last won in 1990.
Salah will wear Roberto Firmino's number 11 shirt, with the Brazilian instead taking up Anfield's legendary no.9 for the forthcoming 2017/18 campaign.
- Trump reaches out to lawmakers on healthcare as another says 'no'
- British and Irish Lions 2017: Andy Farrell wary of defence penalties
- Republicans, Democrats Play Ball for 'Team Scalise'
- Devils select Swiss center Nico Hischier with No. 1 pick
- Capitol police arrest proposed Medicaid cuts protesters outside Mitch McConnell's office
- Knicks end the run on freshmen picks in draft
- Republican senator says Republican health care bill is too Republican
- Federer beats Alexander Zverev 6-1, 6-3 for 9th Halle title
- Anti-police protesters disrupt Twin Cities Pride Parade
- Trump breaks with tradition, forgoes Ramadan dinner