Footage from bystanders showed huge flames bursting through the windows of the building as smoke billowed into the sky.
Seventy-two firefighters have been sent to a flat fire in east London.
The roof of the tower block in Turin Street is alight while flames can be seen from the windows.
According to reports this evening over 50 firefighters in the London district of Bethnal Green are now putting out a fire that has broken out at block flats.
"The brigade was called at 4.25pm".
Residents of a block of flats in east London have been evacuated from the building because of a fire.
Disneyland devotee visits park for 2000 days in a row
But if you are like me, you can get your Disney fix in a seven-day trip to a Disney resort or park. His favorite restaurant is Pizza Port in Tomorrowland.
Bethnal Green Road has been closed as 78 firefighters tackle the blaze.
Tower Hamlets Police tweeted: "Officers are now dealing with a fire in Bethnal Green".
The man is being treated for smoke inhalation.
The Grenfell Tower inferno which left at least 79 people dead has sparked concerns about cladding used on buildings prompting a national safety operation.
The London Fire Brigade spokesperson said: 'The cause of the fire is under investigation'.
- Butler trade sets the stage for looming free agency
- Modi arrives in US
- Standard Life Plc (SL) Rating Reiterated by Barclays PLC
- Cilic's royal date at Queen's
- Sean Spicer May Get To Choose His Own Replacement If He Quits
- Surgical strikes prove India can defend itself: Modi
- Turkey's Erdogan decries isolation of Qatar as 'inhumane', like a 'death penalty'
- Arab states don't seek 'regime change' in Qatar, says UAE official
- Magic Johnson says Lonzo Ball 'has greatness written all over him'
- Pope prays for victims of landslide tragedy in China