They used Ham radios and Morse code to communicate with other radio operators around the country.
It's a nationwide event to show the public how the ham radio works during a disaster. "We've seen it go down on several occasions, and the radio operators can perform their duties without any of the modern conveniences around".
Montreal Amateur Radio Clubs (MARC) staged a day of HAM radio competition in Ovide Park in Pointe-Claire on Saturday that was more than fun and games. "From the natural disaster and tsunami in Japan to tornadoes in Missouri, ham radio provided the most reliable communication networks in the first critical hours of the events".
It's free to watch and HAMs will be on site to explain the hobby to visitors.
Early on during the drill, Yokanovich, who has been using Morse code for almost 20 years, but also is a ham radio operator, patiently listened to a guy using the code who hailed from South Texas. Whitley County "hams" will join with thousands of other Amateur Radio operators showing their emergency capabilities the weekend of June 24-25.
Google to stop scanning Gmail for ad targeting
You can check what, and how Google tailors ads by going to the "Ads settings" option on your Gmail account. The change will end a practice that Google has embraced since the company introduced Gmail in 2004.
That's the succinct message of local and area Ham Radio operators.
The Columbia Amateur Radio Association participated in the drill at Triadelphia Ridge Elementary School in Ellicott City.
Participants began at 2 p.m. Saturday and the exercise will conclude at 2 p.m. Sunday.
It's that reason, that events like field day are important, so operators can hone their skills for those times when they need them most. He believes one of the reasons is because it has become simpler to get a license, which is acquired by passing an examination.
- EC disqualifies MP minister for hiding paid news details
- UAE condemns "terrorist crime" targeting Grand Mosque in Makkah
- Stonebwoy congratulates Wizkid for winning 2017 BET Best International Act
- Here's Why Planes Can't Take Off When It's Too Hot
- British and Irish Lions 2017: Andy Farrell wary of defence penalties
- Federer beats Alexander Zverev 6-1, 6-3 for 9th Halle title
- Ronaldo header gives Portugal 1-0 win over hosts Russian Federation
- 'Transformers: The Last Knight' debuts to a franchise low
- Several London tower blocks are evacuated
- Terror attack at Brussels station