Steve Scalise, the Louisiana lawmaker shot last week at a US congressional baseball team practice, is no longer in the intensive care unit of the hospital where he is being treated and remains in fair condition, the hospital said on Friday.
Scalise is from Louisiana and is the No. 3 House Republican.
Hospital officials said earlier this week that "Scalise continues to make good progress" and "is beginning an extended period of healing and rehabilitation".
More on this as it develops.
White House defends Trump over lawsuit on violation of anti-corruption rules
White House Spokesman Sean Spicer batted away the lawsuit by two Democratic attorneys general as partisan politics. Trump himself has called the earlier lawsuit about the emoluments issue "without merit, totally without merit".
His office issued a statement Friday afternoon saying the congressman was moved from the ICU at MedStar Washington Hospital Center on Thursday. Hodgkinson of Belleville, Ill., opened fire with a rifle on a group of Republicans practicing for an annual congressional baseball game. He was eventually upgraded to serious condition. Previous medical reports indicated that Scalise sustained a single gunshot wound to his left hip and suffered "significant damage" to his internal organs. He underwent immediate surgery, and an additional procedure to stop bleeding. Originally listed as critical, his condition has improved over the past week and a half. McHenry tweeted pictures of Vice President Mike Pence donating blood on Tuesday.
Four others were also wounded, and the attacker was killed.
Barth was shot in the leg and has already been released from the hospital.
- Eight-time champion Federer to face Zverev in Halle final
- Cosby trial jury begins first full day of deliberations today
- North Korea tests rocket engine, possibly for ICBM
- #9 - Dennis Smith Jr
- Ivanka Trump must answer questions in shoe design lawsuit
- Windows 10 Source Code Leaked
- Blake Griffin opts out, becomes free agent
- USDA halts Brazilian beef imports
- Arsenal launch 2017-18 home kit ahead of new season
- Women's Cricket WC: India defeat England by 35 runs