"The fact that Islamic State has still not shown him anywhere also adds to our confidence that al-Baghdadi has been killed", he added with some conviction.
The statement also said the coalition had killed Samir Idris, a militant who funded outside attacks, on June 7 near Mayadeen in Syria. The statement was issued in the wake of the ISIS losing considerable ground in their strongholds of Iraq and Syria.
On Wednesday, ISIS blew up the 842-year-old mosque from where Baghdadi announced the creation of the ISIS caliphate.
He said Baghdadi was possibly hiding out in the western Iraqi towns of al-Baaj or al-Qaim.
"That said, we don't have any concrete evidence on whether or not he's dead either".
South Africa fight back to level T20 series with England
Debutant Tom Curran had earlier taken 3-33 to restrict the AB de Villiers' side to what looked to be an under-par 174-8. But he ended up scoring 67 runs off 45 balls and later, England lost the game by 3 runs.
Russia said today it has no information on the fate of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the chief of the Islamic State terror group, almost a week after the Russian military said it may have killed him in an airstrike. A Russian Su-34 aircraft and a Su-35 multirole reportedly carried out the strikes where Baghdadi and other fighters were attending a meeting.
However, the USA hasn't corroborated his death and the IS has not released any statement on Baghdadi.
Commenting on the news, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said he could not give a firm proof that the Daesh leader was killed.
Deputy Foreign Minister Oleg Syromolotov said the terrorist chief probably died in an airstrike on an ISIS compound in Raqqa in May, according to the Kremlin-backed Russia Today.
Russia's defense ministry said a week ago it believed it may have killed Baghdadi when one of its air strikes hit a gathering of senior Daesh commanders on the outskirts of the Syrian city of Raqqa. This was the same Mosque in which Baghdadi had declared himself the Caliph.
- Australia Halts Airstrikes In Syria After Russian Military Threat
- Police ducks Bumrah's bouncers on social networking; remove no-ball poster
- Corbyn Overtakes May in UK PM Polls
- Australia says to resume air strikes in Syria after Russia threat
- Eid al-Fitr: Saudi Arabia declares Sunday first day
- Astros' Springer suffers hand injury, leaves game
- DU colleges release cut-off; highest 99.66% for Electronics
- TCU to meet Florida again after 9-2 College World Series win
- Black off-duty St. Louis officer shot by white officer
- Doctors: Officer stabbed in neck at airport recovering well