"The fact that Islamic State has still not shown him anywhere also adds to our confidence that al-Baghdadi has been killed", he added with some conviction.
The statement also said the coalition had killed Samir Idris, a militant who funded outside attacks, on June 7 near Mayadeen in Syria. The statement was issued in the wake of the ISIS losing considerable ground in their strongholds of Iraq and Syria.
On Wednesday, ISIS blew up the 842-year-old mosque from where Baghdadi announced the creation of the ISIS caliphate.
He said Baghdadi was possibly hiding out in the western Iraqi towns of al-Baaj or al-Qaim.
"That said, we don't have any concrete evidence on whether or not he's dead either".
Israelis mark Yoga Day on 1500 mats depicting the future
Police in New Delhi closed roads to make room for a mass yoga session held amid tight security in the heart of the Indian capital. Recognising its universal appeal, on 11 December 2014, the United Nations proclaimed 21 June as the International Day of Yoga.
Russia said today it has no information on the fate of Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, the chief of the Islamic State terror group, almost a week after the Russian military said it may have killed him in an airstrike. A Russian Su-34 aircraft and a Su-35 multirole reportedly carried out the strikes where Baghdadi and other fighters were attending a meeting.
However, the USA hasn't corroborated his death and the IS has not released any statement on Baghdadi.
Commenting on the news, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov said he could not give a firm proof that the Daesh leader was killed.
Deputy Foreign Minister Oleg Syromolotov said the terrorist chief probably died in an airstrike on an ISIS compound in Raqqa in May, according to the Kremlin-backed Russia Today.
Russia's defense ministry said a week ago it believed it may have killed Baghdadi when one of its air strikes hit a gathering of senior Daesh commanders on the outskirts of the Syrian city of Raqqa. This was the same Mosque in which Baghdadi had declared himself the Caliph.
- Astros' Springer suffers hand injury, leaves game
- Sacramento Kings draft De'Aaron Fox with 5th overall pick
- America's Cup reaches crossroads as Kiwis near win
- DU colleges release cut-off; highest 99.66% for Electronics
- Man Sues Creators Of Tupac Biopic, "All Eyez On Me"
- Black off-duty St. Louis officer shot by white officer
- Police ducks Bumrah's bouncers on social networking; remove no-ball poster
- Jose Mourinho accused of $3.6 million tax fraud
- Gunman acted alone in shooting of congressman
- Virat Kohli plays captain's knock in India's massive win over South Africa