Trade day didn't stop on draft night for the Blackhawks.
Attendees at the press conference are to include NHL commissioner Gary Bettman, USA Hockey's Mathieu Schneider, Terry Pegula, Illinois athletic director Josh Whitman and Blackhawks president John McDonough, according to the NHL source.
With their second round pick, the Blackhawks took right-handed defenseman Ian Mitchell of the AJHL's Spruce Grove Saints. It was the team's first of nine picks Saturday.
Foo scored 34 goals and had 32 assists in 60 games in the Alberta Junior Hockey League leading the Brooks Bandits to a league title. He also had five goals and four assists in 27 games in the VHL last season.
He added to his worldwide experience after the Winterhawks were eliminated from the WHL playoffs, representing Canada in three games at the U18 World Championships.
Black off-duty St. Louis officer shot by white officer
Two officers ordered the off-duty officer to the ground, but then recognized him and told him to stand up and walk toward them. He had just finished his shift, and had his service weapon out, chasing a man who had broken into his auto , police said.
RPI defenseman, Will Reilly was taken with the final pick in the draft, code name Mr.
The Blackhawks followed up that pick with two more selections in the third round, and with the first pick they took forward Andrei Altybarmakyan out of Russian Federation.
The Blackhawks had to see something special in Altybarmakyan, who wasn't considered a top-100 prospect in the draft class by TSN or ESPN. The 18-year-old Barratt is from Bristol, Penn.
IL is part of the Big Ten, which began sponsoring hockey when Penn State elevated its program. But they promptly moved back three spots in a deal with Dallas in the first of three trades announced during the first round. Soderlund is also on the small side for his position, standing at 5-foot-9 and weighing in at 163 pounds.
- America's Cup reaches crossroads as Kiwis near win
- Day becomes 1st Israeli driver to race at NASCAR's top level
- Gunman acted alone in shooting of congressman
- Ruth Davidson dismisses Scottish Tories breakaway claim
- Tell your senators to kill secret health care bill
- Corbyn Overtakes May in UK PM Polls
- London council evacuates residents amid fire safety concerns
- Man Sues Creators Of Tupac Biopic, "All Eyez On Me"
- Flash flood watch issued for Middle Tennessee counties
- North Korea rebuttal: Otto Warmbier's death 'a mystery'