A cold front will move in from the northwest and the remnants of Cindy will move up from the south. Forecasters also are checking damage elsewhere in central and southern Alabama to determine whether tornadoes struck there. The latest forecast path shows the center of storm north of the Tennessee state line, near Bowling Green, Ky.at 7 p.m., CDT, tonight. "At least 1-3" of rain, with locally higher amounts, will be possible in just a few hours, especially for those under the current Flash Flood Watch.
Excessive runoff from heavy rainfall will cause flooding of small creeks and streams, country roads, farmland, and other low lying spots.
The highest risk for these tornadoes will be between 2 p.m. and 10 p.m. Friday.
FRIDAY NIGHT: Rain showers, that may be heavy at times, linger Friday night, with an overnight low temperature of 65 degrees.
Michelle Carter Found Guilty Of Involuntary Manslaughter
Carter, 20, broke down crying in court, putting her head in her hands, before Judge Lawrence Moniz announced the verdict. After she knew that he'd passed away, Carter did not tell his family that he'd killed himself, nor did she call police.
Many areas of the tri-state have already seen close to three inches of rain Friday, triggering watches and warning. "Many people don't think much about it", says meteorologist Andy Chiuppi with the National Weather Service in Memphis. She said she didn't even hear the rain overnight though she acknowledged "my air conditioning is very loud".
"I had heard Tropical Storm Cindy mentioned", Clewley said.
Monitor local news media and official NWS outlets to know what is happening.
McGill reported from New Orleans.
- Ivanka Trump must answer questions in shoe design lawsuit
- North Korea tests rocket engine, possibly for ICBM
- Eight-time champion Federer to face Zverev in Halle final
- Arsenal launch 2017-18 home kit ahead of new season
- Delhi NCR's second global airport to come up at Jewar
- Devils on the clock with No. 1 pick in NHL draft
- Trump says travel ban ruling comes at 'dangerous time'
- Indiana's ACA health insurance providers propose rate hikes
- Flash flood watch issued for Middle Tennessee counties
- Copa Holdings, Boeing Announce Deal For 15 737 MAX 10s