While two persons were arrested yesterday, three more have been picked up since.
The first reports of the lynching of a man outside the Jamia Masjid came at about 11:30pm Thursday night.
The led to an altercation, causing Pandith to fire three shots from his service revolver in self defence.
Vaid said it is resolve of J&K Police not to spare the people involved in lynching of police officer.
Another official with Pundith fled from the spot while some youth from the mob snatched his weapon and started beating him which resulted in his death.
"There can't be a more shameful incident than this". "He had allowed all his personal security guards to go home and observe the Shab-e-Qadr at their native mosques".
Jose Mourinho accused of $3.6 million tax fraud
They claim that "corporate structures were used by the accused in order to hide revenues generated from his image rights". The hearing will also take place at Pozuelo de Alarcon, in the suburbs of Madrid , according to Spanish press reports.
According to Vaid, the officer was at the site for the protection of the people and was only doing his duty. "There could be no bigger murder of trust than this", Mufti reportedly said.
He said such acts were part of attempts to demoralise police "but these attacks have not affected the force". While two officers fled, Pandith argued with the mob.
The incident shocked the state police administration as the police officer in the case was deployed for security and not for intelligence gathering around the mosque.
DGP Vaid said the lynching of the officer had proved that "very little difference is now left in Kashmir between humanity and barbarism".
He said all the people involved in the crime would be arrested and taken to task.
The separatist leader, however, denied being present there at the time of the incident.
- I'm not divided by human being: Miley
- Virat Kohli plays captain's knock in India's massive win over South Africa
- Modi presents OCI card to Portugal's Indian-origin PM Costa
- UAE: Arab states don't seek 'regime change' in Qatar
- Portugal move towards Confederations Cup semi-finals
- Azerbaijan GP: Fernando Alonso & Stoffel Vandoorne to start at back of grid
- Australia lifts suspension of airstrikes against IS in Syria
- Australia says to resume air strikes in Syria after Russia threat
- Merrifield walk-off double caps four-run ninth for Royals
- China wants to expand cooperation with U.S. , state councilor says