Eid ul-Fitr is seen as a day that brings people together.
For example, authorities in Saudi Arabia - the birthplace of Islam, and dominated by Sunni Muslims - announce the start and end of Ramadan depending on testimonies of members of the public who observe the Moon by sight.
What is IFtar and Sehr? Some parts of Latin America, the U.S. and Africa will also be able to see the new moon with the naked eye on the evening of June 24. Gifts are exchanged, and Muslims convene at mosques to carry out Eid Prayer.
It is hard to predict when Eid -al-Fitr will take place, because the timing of it is based on the Islamic lunar Calendar. The month of Ramazan is the ninth month and begins with a combination of a sighting of the new moon and astronomical calculation.
A statement signed by Hall Abdel Manan Abdel Rahman, the General Secretary of COMOG, and issued to the Ghana News Agency in Accra, said: "Like Ramadan, Eid ul-Fitr is a time for love, perseverance, kindness, forgiveness and tolerance".
Hajiya Amina Katagun, a civil servant, at the Garki Market said she was happy to witness the end of Ramadan, but lamented the high cost of foodstuff and other goods in the market. Conversely, the festival will be rejoiced in Pakistan, Bangladesh and India on June 26.
Israelis mark Yoga Day on 1500 mats depicting the future
Police in New Delhi closed roads to make room for a mass yoga session held amid tight security in the heart of the Indian capital. Recognising its universal appeal, on 11 December 2014, the United Nations proclaimed 21 June as the International Day of Yoga.
Tied inextricably to another pillar of Ramadan, the spirit of community, we need to start considering our nation as an entire community in and of itself.
When is moon sighting expected?
In addition, the Museum of the City of NY in Manhattan will be hosting an Eid al-Fitr Community Celebration on Monday 26 June from 2-5pm and there will be a Sunday celebration on Long Island, hosted by Tribal Dance and Caravan Coinnection.
The religious Eid el-Fitr is a single day during which Muslims are not permitted to fast, the holiday celebrates the conclusion of the 29 or 30 days of dawn-to-sunset Ramadan fasting.
For some communities, Roza ended on Saturday after the sighting of the moon and Eid will be celebrated today.
- Doctors: Officer stabbed in neck at airport recovering well
- Extra virgin olive oil protects against Alzheimer's Disease, Temple study finds
- DU colleges release cut-off; highest 99.66% for Electronics
- Merrifield walk-off double caps four-run ninth for Royals
- Day becomes 1st Israeli driver to race at NASCAR's top level
- North Korea rebuttal: Otto Warmbier's death 'a mystery'
- Australia says to resume air strikes in Syria after Russia threat
- Ruth Davidson dismisses Scottish Tories breakaway claim
- I'm not divided by human being: Miley
- Mexico defeat New Zealand 2-1 — FIFA Confederation Cup