Its cut offs for admission to Economics (hons), B.Com (hons), Engilsh (hons) are 97.25%, 97.5%, 97%.
Cut-offs for courses in Hindi and Sanskrit (Honors) hovered within an achievable 60-70 per cent for most colleges.
At Miranda House, admissions for B.A. (Hons.) Economics opened at 97.75% and closed at 96%. This year however, the cut-off did not touch the mark of 100 percent but stayed at 97.75 percent, which is still quite high.
Delhi University was established in the year 1922.
Among colleges offering journalism course, LSR set the highest cut-off of 98 per cent, followed by Delhi College of Arts and Commerce (DCAC) with 97 per cent. Ramjas College a year ago set the record for the highest cut-off, with 99.25 per cent for BCom (Hons). Both the subjects witnessed a drop of 1.75 percent and 1 per cent respectively from previous year.
The Delhi University (DU) colleges announced their cut-offs on Friday with around the 97 per cent marks collected by the kid for commerce courses. The institutes struggled to fill the seats previous year when the second list was released. The admission process under the first list will begin on June 24 and will continue till June 28.
Australia says to resume air strikes in Syria after Russia threat
Russian Federation backs the Assad Syrian government regime, while the U.S. wants Assad gone and has backed rebels. There is no IS-controlled territory in contact with the US-backed forces at Tanf, however.
For B.Com (hons), there is a dip of 0.25 percentage points from last year's 98%. Second cut-off list is expected to be issued on July 1. However, one must first calculate the "best four" score to ascertain if they have cleared the cutoff grade to be eligible for one of the 56,000 seats available in 63 DU colleges.DU asks its students to calculate the aggregate of the "best four" subjects, to see if they qualify for admission based on the cutoff.
However, DU officials say students should take admission in the college where they make the cut.
Approval of admission: After completing the above stated steps, you will have to submit the original documents to the college to avoid multiple admissions.
Some students were able to secure admission on the first day. The situation is similar at other top colleges such as Sri Venkateswara College where the cut off for B.Com.
The cut-off list for Humanities was slightly higher than Commerce and Science.
- Jeremy Corbyn gives rousing speech to huge Glastonbury crowd
- Pelosi tries to reassure Dems after Georgia loss
- Jose Mourinho accused of $3.6 million tax fraud
- The Bill Cosby Jury Is Still Stuck - Deliberations Could Continue Through Saturday
- Confederations Cup : Germany's rising stars relishing chance to shine
- Authorities: Texas mom left 2 kids in hot car as punishment
- Azerbaijan GP: Fernando Alonso & Stoffel Vandoorne to start at back of grid
- J&K Police forms SIT to probe lynching, shunts out SP
- Shuttler Srikanth in Australia Open semis; Sindhu, Saina crash out
- Portugal weighs resting Ronaldo for New Zealand game