The black off-duty police officer was at home when he heard the crash occur outside his house and went outside with his weapon drawn.
At about 10 p.m. Wednesday evening, St. Louis police received a report that a stolen vehicle had been spotted. Police immediately got to the scene and were confronted by three people inside the stolen auto. They say one other suspect is still on the loose. Two officers ordered the off-duty officer to the ground, but then recognized him and told him to stand up and walk toward them. Seven officers involved in the incident were placed on administrative leave, as is department policy after a shooting.
According to St. Louis Interim Police Chief Lawrence O'Toole, the 38 year old officer is an 11 year veteran of the force.
Pence said in a Tweet released by the police department that he'd spoken with the officer's wife and was "so relieved his injuries are not life-threatening". Tate did not reply to several phone messages seeking comment left Saturday by The Associated Press.
Tate claims his client identified himself as an officer at the time of the incident.
Ruth Davidson dismisses Scottish Tories breakaway claim
Nevertheless, independence was not the only reason why the SNP suffered its first significant electoral setback in a decade. Certainly, this general election makes the prospect of an independence referendum in the near future far less likely.
Officers shot one of the suspects in the ankle.
'This has been a national discussion for the past two years'. "There is this perception that a black man is automatically feared", Tate says. The off-duty officer was taken to the hospital in stable condition. The officer who shot him is 36 and had been with the department for eight years. He had just finished his shift, and had his service weapon out, chasing a man who had broken into his auto, police said. Police took him and another suspect into custody. Police followed the vehicle and the suspects inside opened fire at officers' vehicles until they crashed the vehicle believed to be stolen.
While the off-duty officer was walking towards the on-duty officers, a third officer arrived on the scene. A grand jury voted not to indict Dunton.
Two of the alleged vehicle thieves at the center of the chaos, 17-year-old Cortney Smith and 17-year-old Deandre Chaney, are in police custody. Further investigation revealed the he was injured by a fellow officer. The FBI statistics don't specify the race of the officers killed.
- TCU to meet Florida again after 9-2 College World Series win
- Conor McGregor, Floyd Mayweather reportedly agree to deal, date for superfight
- J&K Police forms SIT to probe lynching, shunts out SP
- Police ducks Bumrah's bouncers on social networking; remove no-ball poster
- Sacramento Kings draft De'Aaron Fox with 5th overall pick
- Israelis mark Yoga Day on 1500 mats depicting the future
- Jeremy Corbyn gives rousing speech to huge Glastonbury crowd
- Man Sues Creators Of Tupac Biopic, "All Eyez On Me"
- DU colleges release cut-off; highest 99.66% for Electronics
- Australia says to resume air strikes in Syria after Russia threat