House majority whip Steve Scalise, who was shot while practicing baseball last week, is no longer being held in the intensive care unit at the hospital where he is being treated. U.S. Capitol Police and other officers returned fire and killed the gunman, who turned out to be an unemployed home inspector with a deep animus toward President Donald Trump and other Republicans.
The managers of the Republican and Democratic congressional baseball teams paid tribute to Scalise in a traditional floor appearance to announce the results of the annual game.
Rep. Steve Scalise has been released from the ICU, according to NBC News.
The Louisiana Republican arrived at the hospital last week in critical condition after being injured in the shooting that interrupted a congressional baseball practice in Alexandria, Virginia. Hodgkinson, 66, was from Belleville, Illinois, and had volunteered for Bernie Sanders' presidential campaign. Investigators say they found a laptop, more than 200 rounds of ammunition, a receipt for a gun purchased in November 2016 and rifle components. Hodgkinson had a list of six members of Congress on him, Slater said, but there was no indication that he meant to target them.
Debenhams Plc (DEB) Given Average Rating of "Hold" by Analysts
The stock of DIALOG SEMICONDUCT GBP0.10 (OTCMKTS:DLGNF) earned "Outperform" rating by RBC Capital Markets on Tuesday, January 12. Recently stock market broker analysts have updated their ratings and price targets on shares of GB Group (LON:GBG).
Authorities also recovered a written list of Republican lawmakers from the suspect's pocket that included Reps.
Speaker of the House Paul Ryan of Wis., leaves the podium as he concludes his news conference on Capitol Hill in Washington, Thursday, June 22, 2017.
Slater said Hodgkinson acted alone and was known to have an "anger management problem". He was near death when he arrived at the hospital and remained in critical condition into this week.
- Mourinho accused of tax fraud, Ronaldo before judge
- Confed Cup hosts Russia face decisive match against Mexico
- White House responds to Comey tape inquiry with Trump tweet
- Maharashtra announces Rs 34000 crore farm loan waiver
- Di María given fine for Spanish tax fraud
- Fleury leads Vegas Golden Knights' expansion draft choices
- Queensland force a decider in stirring comeback
- France's Macron to reshuffle govt after huge parliament win
- 'Making a Murderer' confession was coerced and 'crafted by investigators,' court affirms
- Trump suggests he was trying to keep Comey honest with 'tapes' tweet