Emergency response personnel rushed to a runway at the Dayton International Airport in OH after a "mishap" involving a fighter jet practicing for an air show.
That same day a Thunderbirds pilot ejected from his aircraft before it crashed during a flyover at an Air Force graduation commencement in Colorado.
Two people were onboard the aircraft.
Staff Sgt. Tabatha McCarthy with the Air Force Thunderbirds public relations office says There was a "mishap" while a plane was on the ground. Both are in good condition after being treated at a hospital. The National Weather Service said the Dayton area experienced thunderstorms and high winds.
Lt. Col. Jason Heard, commander of the Thunderbirds, said at a news conference that the pilot, Capt. Erik Gonsalves, suffered lacerations to his head as well as a leg injury. That jet wasn't scheduled to perform in the two-day show.
Ruth Davidson dismisses Scottish Tories breakaway claim
Nevertheless, independence was not the only reason why the SNP suffered its first significant electoral setback in a decade. Certainly, this general election makes the prospect of an independence referendum in the near future far less likely.
"Crowd safety and the safety of our teammates is always our priority", he said.
Aviation Photojournal (contributed photo) A United States Air Force Thunderbird lies on its top moments after an incident at the Dayton International Airport which caused the aircraft to flip.
The Wright Patterson Air Force Base said its firefighters responded alongside the airport's fire and rescue team.
It wasn't immediately known if they will fly on Sunday.
He says the Thunderbirds have decided not to fly in Saturday's show.
- Doctors: Officer stabbed in neck at airport recovering well
- Israelis mark Yoga Day on 1500 mats depicting the future
- Fed's Bullard: Hold Off on Further Rate Hikes Until Inflation Rises
- Day becomes 1st Israeli driver to race at NASCAR's top level
- Sacramento Kings draft De'Aaron Fox with 5th overall pick
- Virat Kohli plays captain's knock in India's massive win over South Africa
- America's Cup reaches crossroads as Kiwis near win
- North Korea rebuttal: Otto Warmbier's death 'a mystery'
- Russian Federation claims killing IS founder Baghdadi
- Corbyn Overtakes May in UK PM Polls